Roasted Veggie Spring Pasta Primavera
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 6 people
- 12 oz Barilla (or brand of your choice) Veggie Penne Pasta
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Asparagus, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Green Beans, Corn, Zucchini, Yellow Squash and Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 Cup of Fresh Spinach
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I used a local Garlic and Local Jalapeno Olive Oil from Central Texas Olive Ranch out of Georgetown, Texas), EVOO works just fine, but you can use infused Olive Oil of your choice as well)
- ½ cup Pasta Water
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- ½ cup Smoked Gouda
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ Tsp dried Oregano, Basil, Thyme and Rosemary
- ¼ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp of Pink Sea Salt
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, toss all chopped veggies in ¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, place on a sheet pan add Garlic Cloves and roast for 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (add 1 Tsp Pink Sea Salt). Add Pasta and cook according to package (al dente), add spinach right before draining. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water before draining. Add back to the pot after draining.
- Remove roasted Garlic Cloves and add the roasted Veggies to the Spinach Pasta mixture along with remaining ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Pasta Water, toss to coat. Squeeze Roasted Garlic out of casing and into the paste mixture. Add Oregano, Basil, Thyme and Rosemary, Red Pepper Flakes, and Black Pepper. Toss all on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add Pasta to Large Bowl and top with both cheeses. Toss and serve with a Salad and French Bread.